Since healthier school environments help support student learning and behavior, Rattlesnake Elementary now has a School Wellness Committee. The committee is named, The Rattlesnake Wellness Committee (RWC), and will be operated as a sub-committee of the Parent Teacher Association (PTA.)
Statement of Intent
To address the broad aspect of health and wellness for the Rattlesnake Elementary School community. By engaging interested parents, school staff and community members to ensure continued improvements in student support, guidance and accountability to Rattlesnake Elementary School and its associated PTA network regarding the 4 Pillars of the Graduation Matters Initiative.
- To improve student and staff health at Rattlesnake Elementary
- To educate the school community about the Graduation Matters Initiative
- To improve compliance with the 4 Pillars of Health and MCPS District Policy at the school
- To ensure that Rattlesnake Elementary is represented at the MCPS District Level in the work groups dedicated to each pillar
- To engage our existing PTA to adopt these guidelines and practices for sponsored events
4 Pillars of Graduation Matters Initiative
- Behavioral Health
- Physical Activity
- Personal Health
More info and updates coming soon!