Garden City Harvest partners with Missoula County Public Schools to create and maintain on-site school gardens. Rattlesnake School is lucky to have a school garden, named the Rattlesnake Outdoor Learning Center, through this program.
During the height of the growing season, Garden City Harvest invites the Rattlesnake community to join them at the garden for these events:
Summer 2018 Open Garden Hours
- Thursdays, 9am – 12pm
- June 21st – August 16th
- Garden City Harvest staff will be in the garden every Thursday morning this summer. Come visit, help out, learn about gardening, and take home some fresh fruits and vegetables!
Adopt-the-Garden for a week this Summer
- We are looking for families to adopt-the-garden each week of the summer. It will entail opening the garden for a couple of hours during the week, whenever it fits into the volunteer’s schedule. Light weeding, harvesting, and welcoming the community into the space are encouraged. Some perks of the job include taking home free, fresh produce, enjoying the outdoors, and meeting friends and neighbors!
- Learn more here: Adopt the Garden for a Week! Summer 2018
- Sign up directly here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0D44ADA62AA3FE3-summer
Garden City Harvest Family Cooking Class
- Monday July 23rd 2018, 5:30-7:30pm
- Join us for a FREE, fun, and family-friendly cooking class in the garden. Together we will make a number of delicious recipes, enjoy the garden in the height of summer, and eat together as a community.
- Learn more here: School Garden Cooking Class 2018
For more details on the garden in general, visit these pages: