The Rattlesnake Parent Teacher Association is a volunteer organization that works to enrich our children’s success through strong family, staff, and community engagement. We partner with our school community to provide special events, field trips, support for children’s well-being, and supplemental educational experiences.
Rattlesnake Elementary PTA Goals: 2016 – 2017
1. Connect our community and facilitate a partnership among parents, guardians, staff, and students.
- Encourage participation in the community in a variety of ways including general PTA membership, helping with a particular event, and volunteering in classrooms.
- Sponsor school events: Fun Run, Bike Rodeo, Potluck, Dances, Movie Nights, etc.
2. Support our stellar staff
- Provide annual grants to teachers and staff to support their work with our kids
- Provide parent/teacher conference meals to staff
3. Support the welfare and safety of our children and families
- Support and partner with the Family Connection Center Coordinator to ensure all of our kids have an opportunity to succeed
4. Provide opportunities for academic enrichment
- Arts and Drama: Dance Ed, Drama Program, SPARK Arts, Writer’s Collaborative
- Outdoor Education and Green Schools: Plant Tech Program, Garden Support, Recycling
- Funding gaps: K/1st Grade program, library needs, and playground equipment
5. Engage in fundraising to finance our budgeted goals
- Beef Jerky
- Book Fair
- Direct Donate
- Rebates & Programs (Amazon Smile, Box Tops, Good Food Store, etc)