2019 – 2020 Elected Officers
|Vice President||Judith B|
2018 – 2019 Elected Officers
|Co-Presidents||Molly C and Leigh G|
|Vice President||Judith B|
The Rattlesnake Elementary School PTA has elected officers (president, vice-president, secretary, and treasurer) and project leads (such as for the Fun Run and other major annual events). The terms for elected officers are 1-2 years, the terms for event/project leads are per event at the discretion of the elected officers.
Below are short summaries of the elected officers and project leads position descriptions. For full official descriptions and terms, please refer to the Rattlesnake PTA Elected Office descriptions.
President: The president is responsible for leading the PTA toward specific goals and priorities chosen annually by its members. The goals must be consistent with the policies and purposes of the PTA. The president is the presiding officer and the official representative of the association. The direct responsibilities of the president include setting and facilitating meetings, communicating within the PTA and with the community at large, and administering the PTA for the benefit of all.
Vice President: The vice president may be called upon at any time to temporarily assume the place of the president; thus, he/she should know the president’s duties and responsibilities. The vice president’s direct responsibility include coordinating with the president on meetings, communication, and administration, as well as maintaining the archive of core PTA documentation.
Treasurer: The treasurer will keep accurate and timely records of all fundraising activities, what money is available to be spent versus what is owed, and the bylaws as they relate to the treasurer’s responsibilities. The treasurer is responsible for handling funds responsibly, communicating the financial position with the board, and administering accounts and systems according to the PTA charter.
Secretary: The secretary is responsible for keeping an accurate record of the proceedings of association meetings. This includes board meeting and general meeting agendas and minutes, records of attendance and/or voting, membership information, and timely communications with the community at large. Most communications are to be posted to the PTA website, facebook page, Google Drive, or some subset of those locations.
Committee, Task, and Group Leads:
- Teacher Appreciation, 2019-2020: Jacqui L and Alison D
- Swag Sales, 2019-2020: Brittany H
- Wellness Committee Liaisons, 2019-2020: Becky K, Carissa B, and Kate D
- Website and Facebook, 2019-2020: Jen P
- Grants and Sponsorships, 2019-2020: Jen O
- Volunteer Coordinator, 2019-2020: Alison D
Events and Fundraisers Leads:
- Kindergarten Playdate, Fall 2019: Judith B
- Beef Jerky, Fall 2019: Heidi K and Erin B
- Bike Rodeo, Fall 2019: Position Open
- Book Fair, Fall 2019: Laurie S
- Direct Donate, Fall 2019: Leigh G
- Box Tops, Winter 2020: Position Open
- Spring Fling, Spring 2020: Molly C and Judith B
- Fun Run and Running Club, Spring 2020: Emily L