The Rattlesnake PTA works with the teachers, staff, and community of our school to provide both funding and in-person support for special events, field trips, students and families in need, classroom materials, and educational enrichment. By donating to the Rattlesnake PTA this holiday season, your dollars directly support the programs that matter most to our students, staff, and community.
- Donate between December 1st and December 31st 2020 to ensure your donation is counted towards meeting our annual goal. Donations received after the deadline are very much still welcome- it is just harder to keep track of our progress after that!
- The suggested donation is $50 per child – this amount is approximately how much the PTA needs in donations, per child per year, to support our programs.
- To donate online, visit: https://www.crowdrise.com/RattlesnakePTA
- To donate with cash or check: Use the pre-addressed green envelope that came home with your child if he/she is going to school (you can send the envelope back in your child’s classroom folder). For MOA families, using an envelope from home works too – just mail to the address shown below! Donations over winter break should be mailed to either of the addresses below. Checks should be made out to “Rattlesnake PTA.”
Rattlesnake PTA, P.O. Box 7211, Missoula MT 59807
– or –
Rattlesnake PTA, 1220 Pineview Dr, Missoula MT 59802
Track our overall progress on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RattlesnakePTA/
Thank you for considering a donation today!
More Details on the Direct Donate Fundraiser
Background: The PTA’s Direct Donate Drive started in 2015 to allow families to give money to the PTA without having to buy or sell items they may not want or need. The Direct Donate fundraiser has since become the biggest annual fundraiser run by the Rattlesnake PTA. Learn more about the Rattlesnake PTA’s major fundraising and event schedule here.
Goals: The net funds raised during the Direct Donation event in 2018 and 2019 were over $10,000. The goal for 2020 is $10,000, so that we can stay on track with the PTA’s support of school programs despite all the challenges this year has brought.
Get the Word Out: We are committed to minimizing waste during this fundraising event by minimizing paper handouts so watch for email and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/RattlesnakePTA) reminders that you can share with others. You can also share the Crowdrise link with grandparents, family & friends who might want to support Rattlesnake Elementary.
Please feel free to return any unused green envelopes to your child’s teacher for reuse next year.
Online Fees: Anyone can donate by check, cash, or online — but you might want to know that donations by cash or check “go a little farther” because there are no transaction fees. Donations online via Crowdrise include two fees:
- a 6% (of total donation) fee to use the online platform
- separate credit card processing fee of 3- 4%, depending on size of donation
If you wish to maximize every penny of your donation, please consider sending a check instead. Make the check out to “Rattlesnake PTA” and send to Rattlesnake PTA, 1220 Pineview Dr, Missoula MT 59802.
Tax Info: The PTA’s legal name as defined by the IRS may show up on your receipt for donating on Crowdrise- that name is the “MONTANA CONGRESS OF PARENTS TEACHERS STUDENTS.” We are sorry for any confusion that might cause. Your donation will reach us!
The Rattlesnake PTA is a 501(c)3 registered nonprofit, tax ID #81-0448185.
If you have further questions about this fundraiser, please email the PTA at RattlesnakePTA@gmail.com