*** The Spring Fling will not be held in person this year. If feasible, we will hold an online auction in mid May (roughly). We will update everyone in mid April with our decisions and resulting volunteer needs. ***
Hello awesome Rattlesnake parents and caretakers,
We are gearing up for our annual Spring Fling on Friday, April 3, 2020.
This is one of the few events where the whole school community gets to come together for some great family fun, in addition to being a vital fundraiser for the PTA.
What we raise during Spring Fling directly determines how many awesome and enriching things we can support at our school – field trips, visiting professionals to our classrooms, teacher grants, the Family Connection Center, and more.
Here is where you come in! Can you help in one or more of the following ways?
1. Volunteer to help plan the Spring Fling
- Food Committee: Plan a menu, solicit donations, determine logistics of getting food to event and oversee food volunteers on the day of the event.
- Raffle Lead: Solicit and organize items for a small raffle at the even (in the past we’ve had everything from a bike to lunch with Pam).
- Decorations Committee: Help plan and prepare decorations for the event, or oversee volunteers on the day of event for set up.
2. Solicit or donate an item for the Silent Auction
The auction is the main way we raise money at the event. We are looking for anything
from locally made products to summer camps to music lessons to homemade items.
3. Sponsor or solicit a business sponsorship
Businesses or individuals can sponsor either our Spring Fling or the Fun Run with a financial donation and be recognized through marketing and social media for their donation. We have a pre-written letter and graphics that you can simply hand deliver, mail or email. Contact Molly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please reach let us know if you are interested in volunteering or if you have any ideas or questions. We appreciate all you do to help support our school community.
Molly Cottrell and Judith Bledsoe, Spring Fling co-chairs