April 4th 2018 Rattlesnake Elementary School PTA Meeting minutes
Attendance: Maggie W (P), Anne T (VP), Alex S (T), Jen J (FCC), + 11 parents
ITEMS AS DISCUSSED:
- Funding Updates: March funding request for novels submitted by Ms Dombrowski, funding was granted. No other funding requests this month.
- Spring Fling feedback– thanks everyone! We talked about how busy the cakewalk was, and discussed maybe charging $1/head to limit it a bit. Anne said the Basket Team was amazing this year- kudos! Just one item didn’t receive any bids, which is a pretty awesome result.
- Teacher conference feedback– food was great, teachers said they really appreciated the sandwiches, chips, etc. Nice that they can take it in hand and run, if needed.
- K Roundup is May 18th 2018.
- Remember, NO SCHOOL for current K’s
- The K parents will sign up for sessions, likely all in the morning
- Need a few volunteers for Q&A and swag sales
- Will need to update handouts, do inventory on magnets
- Fun Run is June 6th 2018. Find more info on our Fun Run event page
- Glitter pops is the idea again for treats. The kids might get to vote on the flavor (lemonade vs strawberry or similar).
- Our Fun Run lead will be Emily L again- thanks Emily!
- Fun Run will need volunteers for both the run (June 6 in the afternoon) and the training runs (Wed and Fri mornings at 8am, Tu and Fri afternoon recess, starting April 24)
- How you can help:
- Teacher appreciation week is coming up (May 7-11), Jacqui needs volunteers. Jacqui expressed concern her teacher appreciation volunteers may be stretched thin, maybe we need to pace ourselves better or get more participants. Michelle N volunteered to help get popcorn in the future from Kornutopia.
- Leadership Positions
- Amended charter by vote to allow for co-presidents by motion and vote.
- Leigh G and Molly C voted in as co-presidents. Thank you Leigh and Molly!
- Voted Matthew N in as secretary. Thank you Matthew!
- FCC Update by Jen J
- Special note: Bike Rodeo will be moved back to a FALL event, will not be this spring. Date in the fall TBD
- East Missoula night- end of May, exact date TBD. Likely to be something like softball, with a local food truck.
- Contra (Folk) Dance Night – May 4th, will include a dinner, Jen J and Renie will lead.
- General discussion
- Need to update the 2018-2019 PTA general calendar to include our first day coffee social on the lawn, this was a very popular event!
Our next meeting is May 2nd, 2018, at 8:30am in the FCC. Hope to see you there!