February 7th, 2018 Rattlesnake Elementary School PTA Meeting minutes
Attendance: Maggie W (P), Anne T (VP), Alex S (T), Laura F (S), Jen J (FCC), Molly Kast (Teacher Rep) + 8 parents/guardians
ITEMS AS DISCUSSED:
- Funding Updates: January the PTA granted three funding requests- the 5th Grade Roxy/SPARK Arts mystery movie project; the 5th grade book set (The Inuit Thought of It); and the 3rd Grade “Olympic” Field Trip to Glacier Ice Rink.
- FCC Update: Jen talked about upcoming Family Jump Rope night on February 15th (see Event Listing). Jen said the Box Tops were going well. Group discussed whether the box tops money goes to each grade as the money is raised, or if it goes to the PTA to later disburse, or what is best. PTA board will discuss at their upcoming meeting.
- Teacher Update from Molly Kast: Teachers are collecting basket items for Spring Fling thru Feb 23rd. They are sending out reminders via their classroom newsletters. Additional signage to remind folks about Spring Fling baskets may be up soon- sandwich board, posters, etc. They have been very thankful for the teacher appreciation days this year- congrats to Jacqui and her Teacher Appreciation crew!
- Upcoming Events: Spring Fling is coming up on March 16th (see Event Listing) with theme “Hoe Down!” Planning updates- need about a total of 16 volunteers per hour to make it all work smoothly. Please consider volunteering for an hour! Link to sign up for volunteering is: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d44ada62aa3fe3-spring The more volunteers the event has, the more potential activities that the Spring Fling can offer. There will be Bingo, hay bales for dance floor, line dancing, cake walk, “snake” walk, face painting, photo booth. Food choices will include fair themed food. Raffle is planned. Remember, this is a free community event. Invite your friends and family!
- Discussion of forming a new “What’s for lunch” food committee in the PTA dedicated to improving the menu at Rattlesnake in general.
- Fun Run is planned June 5. PTA will be asking the same person to run it as last year (it was great!). Running practices will likely be Friday before school and recesses on Friday, but that is not yet set in stone.
- PTA Leadership – please let us know if you are interested in a leadership position with the PTA. The current President (Maggie W) and Secretary (Laura) will complete their 2 year terms this June. We will be looking for nominations from now until the start of April. The in-person voting on positions will be at the April meeting (8:30am, April 4th). In May, the new leadership and former leadership will work to finalize and vote in the annual budget for the 2018-2019 school year. To learn more about this process, or to nominate yourself for an open position, please email rattlesnakePTA@gmail.com
This month featured a new PTA coffee maker, to decrease driving and be more efficient!
Next month’s PTA Meeting will be March 7th 2018, at 8:30am in the FCC. Hope to see you there!