February 1st, 2017 Rattlesnake Elementary School PTA Meeting minutes
Meeting attendance: Maggie Ward (P), Anne T. (VP), Laura Fellin (S), Alex Stokman (T), Jen Jencso (FCC), Pamela Wright (Principal), Lisa Thomas (Teacher) + 6 additional parents
Welcome and introduction of attendees
1) PTA Overview
Mission & Goals: handout shared and attendees reminded this can be reviewed on our website
– 2015-16 Academic Year (AY): $40-45,000 expenditures
– 2016-17 AY budget goal will be $40-45,000 raised in total
3) Projects and Updates:
MCT Snow Queen afterschool production at Rattlesnake School Feb. 13 – 17
– Volunteer needs: 2-3 parents daily to supply/host snacks and supervise kids from 3-3:45pm; playbill production and potential fundraising opportunity by soliciting sponsors for the playbill
– Audition announcement to come out this week
– Ms. Thomas suggested that teachers could assist with parent volunteer recruitment
– See MCT Snow Queen blog here
Rattlesnake PTA website is launched! http://www.rattlesnakepta.org
It is a work in progress, but is stocked with some information already. Direct donate will be available. Molly asked if it is possible to sell swag on the site. The site is not set up for sales yet, may explore in the future. Blog is current and will have the option to subscribe to get announcements or you can go to the site and read the blog at your leisure. The site will be launched with a formal announcement mid February.
Garden project: Art installation will happen in May. Volunteers will be needed. Ricky, an eagle scout, will assist the artist.
Drama program from previous years: the instructors are wondering if they will be needed this year. Pam Wright announced that the drama program of past years did not integrate into academic programs, so the school is working with MCT this year. Teachers can still request the previous drama teachers, who serve through the Spark Arts program, can request them for individual projects.
School Policy Change: When dropping items by for students, please leave them in the front entrance (table and note paper available) as opposed to taking them to your child’s locker or class. The intention is to reduce interruption to teaching and learning time. Please support the school’s effort to support teachers.
4) Spring Carnival – PTA’s largest fundraiser – See Spring Carnival blog here
– Friday, March 10th from 5:30 – 7:30
– Activities & Music: The Whiz Pops will perform from 6 – 7:30 pm; library reading area or other casual activities will also be available
– Auction: the PTA hosts a spreadsheet of businesses that are being solicited for donations. We are always looking for new businesses to pursue, so please let us know if you know business owners that may be interested in donating to our cause. For access to the spreadsheet (solicitation sign-up) or to suggest businesses, please email the PTA.
– Food: Cash sale of food and beverages will be available. Food will include pizza slices, hot dogs, yogurt tubes, drinks, etc.
– School sweatshirts will be available for sale at the carnival
5) Next Month’s General PTA Meeting is scheduled for March 1st at 6:30pm in the Rattlesnake Library
Minutes taken by Laura Fellin, proofread by Leigh Greenwood